Centre for Extragalactic Astronomy

Request for Student Travel


  1. Ask your supervisor to authorise your trip
  2. Complete the form below and submit it by using the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page; your request will be emailed to Dave Alexander (or Carlton Baugh if you are a CDT student). You will be notified once your trip has been authorised. You can view your requests on the departmental database via the the 'CEA/ICC Travel' link found under 'Departmental Administration'.
  3. Obtain a quote yourself for flights from Dawson and Sanderson (corporate.travel@travelco.co.uk). For hotel booking, low cost airline flight bookings, rail tickets and any other questions regarding travel please get in touch with one of the Astronomy secretaries.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must complete your online travel insurance form on VIATOR https://apps.dur.ac.uk/travel.forms/ (you will not be insured by the University unless you fill this out!).

All costs should be given in GBP.

1. Your CIS username (lower case please)
2. Supervisor agreement Please confirm whether your supervisor has agreed to your trip (if No please state the reason in question 12):
Yes: ; No:
3. Departure date:
4. Return date:
5. Destination
Is this a day trip (i.e. no overnight stay) entirely within the UK and which does NOT involve flying? Yes: ; No:
6. Reason for trip and short description (e.g. conference, observing; in case of conference please answer Q7 below)
7. Title of Conference/Workshop
8. Will you be giving a talk/presenting a poster/paper? Yes: ; No:
9. Total estimated cost of trip in £ (travel accommodation, subsistence, conference fees etc) (number only, no text please)
10. Please provide a rough breakdown of the above costs:
11. If there are other students/staff travelling with you please list their names
12. Is there anything else you would like to add?
13. Are you a CDT student? Yes: ; No:
14. I herewith confirm that I will complete the online travel insurance form on VIATOR as soon as my trip has been authorised (this is required for all trips, including within the UK, except UK day trips which do not involve a flight) Yes: ; No: